Together in Prayer is an online community of members who pray for one another. It was founded by St. Joseph Cathedral in San Diego, and inspired by Andy Maduza, a dedicated and prayerful parishioner, who said, “Prayer is powerful. The world and its people need prayer.” All you have to do is ask.
A — “Ask and it will be given to you”
S — “Seek and you will find”
K — “Knock and the door will be opened to you”
God wants us to pray – every day for all those in need – for those suffering from physical, psychological and spiritual difficulties. Prayer is one of the Spiritual Works of Mercy.
“Even the strongest faith is of no avail without works of mercy. If a soul does not exercise mercy in some way, it will not obtain My mercy on the day of judgment.” — St. Faustina’s Diary
- We want to allow those in need of prayer to have access to a prayer community.
- Individuals can request prayer for themselves or for others.
- We’re giving people the opportunity to pray for others in need.
- Our “Prayer Warriors” can pray for individual requests and/or collective requests.
- Parishioners can pray for each other’s needs at anytime – not just at daily or Sunday Mass.
- Individuals can post prayer requests for themselves, family friends or whomever/whatever. They have the option to detail their request (illness, deceased, etc).
- Individuals can post from any electronic device
- Individuals don’t need to be a member of St. Joseph Cathedral. Anyone who believes in Jesus Christ and needs Him can post a prayer request.
- Anyone who believes in Jesus Christ can become a “Prayer Warrior” through simple and free registration.
- “Prayer Warriors” need to make a commitment to those in need. For example, they can pray daily, weekly, or whenever they get the time.
- “Prayer Warriors” can pray for individual requests or all requests.
We invite you to…
- Post a Prayer Request
- See the latest Prayer Requests and Categories
- Read Answered Prayers
- Share your Favorite Prayers
- Become a Prayer Warrior
- Share “Together in Prayer” with your friends and family.
- Ask God for His help